How to apply multiple filters with Articles Good Search?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

#
Hi -

Using Joomla, I have created about 10 different tags and added them to 16 different articles according to each articles' characteristics. I want to allow the front end user to filter the 16 articles according to the selected tags. When using the tag scroll list (not tag cloud), selecting more than one tag makes the results list grow longer, not shorter. This means multiple tags selected gives the "union" of the result sets, not the "intersection." When multiple tags are selected, I expected the results list to grow shorter as the results are narrowed down by more constraints.

Is this possible?

Also, as others have asked, how do I use the Field Connection feature? (I don't know what it does, but I suspect it may let me apply multiple tag filters in a cascaded, serial, or chained manner.) Is that correct? Can you please help me achieve my goal and explain how the Field Connection feature is supposed to be used with an example?

thanks very much!

Phil

#
Hello, Phil.

1) Please, try to change a parameter "Filter match". This should search in AND condition between the tags then.

2) It is designed to use with Fields (not tags). So, you can connect multiple fields for make dependent filters. For example Country -> City -> District

#
Thank you, but I can not find "Filter Match" parameter...my version is one year old. Can you show me where to find this parameter?

thanks in advance...

Phil

#
Sorry, this parameter added only in latest module version.
For your version, you can manually modify module's template file and add extra input for the form:
<input type="hidden" name="match" value="all" />

#
Thank you.

So, I added the line...

...to the template.php file at this path: mod_articles_good_search / tmpl / Standard /

<input type="hidden" name="gsearch" value="1" />
		<input type="hidden" name="moduleId" value="<?php echo $module->id; ?>" />
		<?php if($params->get("Itemid")) { ?>
		<input type="hidden" name="Itemid" value="<?php echo $params->get("Itemid"); ?>" />
		<?php } ?>

<input type="hidden" name="orderby" value="<?php echo JRequest::getVar("orderby"); ?>" />
		<input type="hidden" name="orderto" value="<?php echo JRequest::getVar("orderto"); ?>" />

<div style="clear:both;"></div>
	</form>
[u][/u]

but the behavior did not change...the search results still list the union of the results from multiple tags. I expected the results list to get shorter when I add more filter tags...

Is this the correct file to edit and did I add the code in the right place ?

Do I need to "rebuild" the page somehow for the changes to take effect ?

(I am using the file editor on my CMS tools site (tools.siteground
.com/filemanager)

thanks!

Phil

#
Hello, Phil.

It looks fine, but try to put new code just before </form>
No rebuilds required, but try to clear site cache.