Articles Good Filter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

#
I know it is an important change, but Articles Good Search could have a brother called "Articles Good Filter", which can show/hide articles in blog layout, in a similar way to joomline.org/extensions/modules-for-joom...entfieldsfilter.html

#
Hello, Antonio.

Sorry, could you clarify your request. Which exactly features you missed in Articles Good Search module?

#
Hello,

Thanks for your interest. I am trying to explain better:

It is a "blog view layout" integration suggestion...

First of all, I am going to explain the "problem"::evil:

I am looking for a car, so I visit joomcar.net/joomla-articles-good-search-demo
I select a car, for example, Honda Odysey: joomcar.net/joomla-articles-calendar-demo/17-honda-odyssey
But I dont like it too much, better continue looking for another... So, I clic on "Car Directory" link joomcar.net/joomla-articles-calendar-demo
But, where is the filter now? :sick:

As you know, what has happened is that I have gone to a Joomla Category Blog View, but "Articles Good Search" is not prepared for this. The problem is that Articles Good Search display the results in a new list (under the filter options).
This is the same problem of the Joomlart Megafilter..
lot of us work with native joomla category blog view. We use a lot of extensions that are integrated in this view, so it would be great if you integrate your filter/search habilites, with the default Joomla blog view layout.

My suggestion is:
- You have a module with the filter options.
- You publish the module in a Joomla Blog View
- Instead of a "Search" button, you have a "Filter" button.
- When you press the "Filter" button, the Joomla Blog View is refreshed, showing only the joomla articles that match the filter options.

In resume: We could filter articles displayed in a Joomla Category Blog View (instead of generating a new list of articles)

This is how the great "JL Content Fields Filter" works. But it is a free extension, with very limited filtering configuration...

So, "Articles Good Search", can have a brother called "Articles Good Filter" or add this option (evolution to "Articles Good Search and Filter") :woohoo:

#
Hello, Antonio.

Ok, thank you. I will try to think how it can be possible to implement.

Btw, it is already plugin executed in Articles Good Search custom view (compatible with extensions).

Also, it has a parameter 'Save filter values for user session' and you can automatically show saved search results with 'Automatic form submit' function (Ajax type). You also can use search results view as your basic view for initial page.