We are currently testing the module Joomla Articles Good Search. We are using the Yootheme template.
In principle, the module works great. Many thanks to the great developer team. Nevertheless, we have two questions:
1. when the article search page is opend, the search button must first be clicked before the article list is displayed. Is it possible to display the complete list when the page is called up and then use the filters to restrict the list? How can we implement this?
2. where can I change the list view?We would like to display the meta information (date, author etc.) above the headline instead of below it.
1) Basically, it is Joomla category blog used as initial page.
But, you can try this:
- Enable a parameter - Automatic form submit
- Also, you can modify any menu item in the database for display search results directly, it is #_menu table, you need to modify 'link' value and append "&gsearch=1&moduleId=123"
2) You can adjust search results template in "Search results template parameters" section;
- Template files located here - plugins/system/plg_articles_good_search/template/com_content/
- Search results template files can be overrided in this folder - /templates/your_template/html/com_content/ (need to copy all template files).
You need to modify gsearch_blog_item.php file and move item-info block
Thanks for your tips. Using the ajax_results123(); function, the search results list is now displayed by default when the page is called. But unfortunately there is still a problem with the browser reload of the page. When I reload the page via the browser, the filters disappear. Is there a way to fix this?
Also, I could not override the templates when I copy the template files directly to the com_content folder. Do I still need to create subfolders?
You can fix it with two ways:
1) Enable the module also on search results page, you can use 'Itemid for search results page' module's parameter for emulate some page menu item.
2) Override and modify module's template file - modules\mod_articles_good_search\tmpl\Default\elements\ajax_search.php
Find and remove this lines: history.pushState....
You can select template in "Module template" parameter;
You can override default templates by copy and rename template folder here - templates/your_site_template/html/mod_articles_good_search/
E.g. copy this folder - modules/mod_articles_good_search/tmpl/Default
To this: - templates/your_site_template/html/mod_articles_good_search/my-template
Then, select 'my-template' in the module parameters
Search results template:
You can adjust search results template in "Search results template parameters" section;
Template files located here - plugins/system/plg_articles_good_search/template/com_content/
Search results template files can be overrided in this folder - /templates/your_template/html/com_content/ (need to copy all template files).